Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Singing in My Ear

Well, it finally happened. A tune sung by the Indianapolis Children's Choir has landed on my IPOD. The always entertaining "Oye", the brainchild of Jim Papoulis, had my toes tapping in the car on the ride home from work last night. We had three phenomenal concerts this weekend, (Hear Our Song on Saturday, and two performances of Spring Celebration on Sunday) and "Oye" was in the repertoire. A recording was made of Hear Our Song, and that's how it landed in my CD player on the way home, and eventually in my IPOD.

Since I am not in the generation that grew up with the IPOD, I do not have it constantly stuck in my ear, nor do I have multiple play lists. I have ONE play list, filled with upbeat music to keep me motivated during my semi-regular runs. Since there is always the danger of me thinking I can run farther than I am capable of, the IPOD and it's cache of music carry me through.

So tonight, I'll listen to "Oye" on my run ~ when the Indianapolis Children's Choir will be singing just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment